Monday

Day 235: August 23, 2010

Accidental Squash Blossoms


So I really wanted to take a shot of the full moon and clouds tonight.  Driving home from my daughter's volleyball practice it looked AMAZING!  But I was driving! And I didn't have my telephoto lens! And I didn't have my tripod!  So the minute I got home I swapped lenses, grabbed the tripod, and ran out the door to shoot the moon.  Sadly, my neighborhood is so densely treed I could barely see any sky at all, certainly not the part of the sky with the moon.  I walked (tripod over my shoulder) for several blocks in all directions - no luck.  My neighbors probably think I'm a bit odd at this point.

So instead, I've posted a shot of the accidental squash blossoms growing at school.  I took this while waiting for volleyball to be finished - it was more twilight than full night.  They are accidental because they weren't actually planted.  Last fall, a parent donated some pumpkins and squash to decorate the center island in the school driveway.  Apparently, some planted themselves.  The vines have taken over and are already producing squash!

Technically, it's not a full moon til tomorrow (or at midnight tonight) so I am going to try again tomorrow night to capture the moon!

No comments:

Post a Comment