Saturday

Day 162: June 11, 2010

Day Lily at Night


Sorry for the late post - managed to get a virus on my camera's memory card - not overly harmful but annoying to remove.  This picture was actually taken on June 11.  It started to rain in the evening and I realized I hadn't taken a picture yet so I ran out to the yard and started shooting lilies in the rain.  It was dusk; dark enough to make the contrast really pop with the flash.  I did do a bit of post processing and ended up isolating just the blossom and inserting a completely black background.  I really like the way this one came out - it looks sharp even at 100% magnification.

2 comments:

  1. I like the back background for this one. It does make the orange of the lily pop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ♥ this shot! One of my favorites! I also like the wavy wall shot!

    ReplyDelete