Saturday

Day 177: June 26, 2010

Monochrome Metal Regatta


These are part of a trio of bright yellow sailboat sculptures that float on the water at the Toledo Botanical Gardens.  They're tethered  to anchors which allows them to float around in the breeze a bit.  These two looked like they were racing!  

This weekend is the 45th annual Crosby Festival of the Arts at the TBG - I've been going every year for as long as I can remember.  It's always super hot, raining, or both for the festival.  Today was both! I went early to beat the heat but got caught in a drizzle.  Which resulted in gray skies and a not overly well lit photo.  I think it looks better in monochrome.  Since it's both a reflection AND in monochrome, it gets to be part of two memes at once!  Please visit the super-talented photographers over at  the new home of Monochrome Weekend; The Weekend in Black and White.  AND please also visit the awesome photographers over at Weekend Reflections.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome!

    These must be fascinating to see in motion - they look so delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey those look familiar!! :) I went to TBG today for the art fair - OMG it was soooooo hot! No drizzle, but I think the heat and humidity was worse today than yesterday. We left just before the rain started. Nice shot of that sculpture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat image. I like the idea and wish I could see something like these "boats" in motion.

    ReplyDelete