Sunday

Day 164: June 13, 2010

Wavy Wall


Back at Walbridge park again today, picking up my daughter from the Zoo Teens picnic.  There's a stone wall that runs the length of the park, parallel to the river with steps leading down to the river, stopping at the terrace level with the benches from a previous post.  Down near the yacht club, the wall suddenly becomes wavy.  It's a perfectly straight line for the other 1/4 mile or so of wall!  I'm not quite sure why it's wavy here, but I liked the lines of it and thought it looked good in monochrome.  For lots of better monochrome shots, head over to Monochrome Weekend.

4 comments:

  1. I love how you captured that ongoing S. Nice flow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely wall. It curves around the trees. I wonder which came first :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Dragonstar - Well, you'd think that....but the trees are in a perfectly straight line all the way down and the wall parallels them. I think they they were planted at the same time the wall was built as most of the park appears to be the result of a WPA project in the 1930's. But it looks cool, so I don't care why!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only been down to that park once near the yacht club - never noticed the curvy wall. Love the lines and curves!!

    ReplyDelete