Sunday

Day 185: July 4, 2010

Patriotic Light Painting


Package of sparklers: $2.00.  Box of matches: $0.10.  Finding something your teenager will not only do with you but thinks is cool: priceless!

I recruited my daughter to help me with my first ever attempt at light painting tonight, since we had the sparklers for the holiday.  She started out with simple geometric shapes and then started getting more complex.  We would have kept going but the battery in the camera died.

I had to read up not only on how what settings are best for light painting, but also on how to adjust them manually on my camera.  This is a good thing as I've been relying far too much on auto settings to date, other than adjusting the ISO and flash.  I still needed to do some fiddling in post-processing with the exposure and contrast settings, but overall I am calling this experiment a success all around.

2 comments:

  1. Nice execution of light painting!! I totally need to try this! It looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete