Wednesday

Day 202: July 21, 2010

Circular Reflections


Today, one of my classmates, who teaches at Toledo Technology Academy, brought in his Stirling Engine to show us. It gathers and concentrates the sun's rays and the little doohickey in the center of the dish is the heat collector.  It uses the heat from the sun to run a motor on the back of the dish. It's only about two feet across and is mounted on what looks like a camera tripod.  Despite being just a small-scale model, it was pretty cool! I loved the reflections of the surrounding buildings in the dish.  I did crop out my classmates surrounding the dish to reduce distractions.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting reflection shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice mirror ; an original idea, I like the anamorfose of the building around...

    Thanks for the sharing

    ReplyDelete