Saturday

Day 212: July 31, 2010

Meet Me in St. Louis


Day 2: Joliet, IL to Cuba, MO.  Today was a very full day!  There will be all sorts of details and photos on the trip blog soon - the Internet speed at our current hotel may delay that a day or two, however.

This was my first trip to St. Louis.  (From here on out, every place we go will be a first for me, I think.)  We arrived a bit later than we intended, and after fighting Cardinals fans for parking, walking uphill for about 10 blocks, and waiting in line for a little while, the ranger came out to tell us all the tickets to ride to the top of the arch were sold out for the day.  So we settled for pictures from the outside.

It was very sunny (about 90F and very humid, too) and the sun was starting to set.  This shot looked a lot better in black and white - it was inspired by The Weekend in Black and White - go check them out!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful lines! Perfect in black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool perspective of the arch! Very interesting! I'm trying to catch up myself since I've been without internet access for a while! I am enjoying your Rt. 66 trip!

    ReplyDelete