Wednesday

Day 34: February 3, 2010

Scrabble Night

 

There is (sadly) no Scrabble group at all in Toledo.  The nearest one is in Ann Arbor (which actually has more than one, I think).  They meet every Wednesday at a pub for a few hours of friendly games.  I try to go up about once a month as it's an hour's drive each way for me.  

I intended on setting up my table-top tripod and taking some really neat shots tonight. But I got so wrapped up in my games (I went 2 for 2) that I completely forgot to take a picture until I was ready to leave!  This shot sums up the night pretty well, however - fancy, rotating boards are the norm and everyone (but me) has a well-worn Scrabble dictionary to use when verifying legal words played by their opponents.  The core players in this group are very, very good - some have national rankings and have played in national tournaments.  They are also very welcoming to newcomers and make it a point to share strategy and word lists, which makes for a fun mix.

Next time I will try to take a better photograph.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you're pretty hard core! LOL! I love playing scrabble, but I probably couldn't compete with people with worn out scrabble dictionaries.. Fun shot, which definitely tells the story of a serious scrabble player! Congrats on 2 for 2!

    ReplyDelete