Sunday

Day 38: February 7, 2010

Puzzled

 

This is how I spent Super Bowl Sunday. Working on the World's Largest Jigsaw Puzzle.  A friend of mine is really into puzzles.  Her husband buys her one for Christmas every year. This year he splurged on what is literally the world's largest puzzle (see the link above for more information).  It has 24,000 pieces.  It measures 4.28m by 1.57m (that's more than 14 feet by 5 feet) when completed.  It is completely insane.  And very beautiful.

Thankfully it arrives in four bags - each one containing the 6,000 pieces needed to work on a fourth of the puzzle.  They purchased smooth wooden boards large enough for each section (each quarter) of the puzzle and a bunch of us get together to help put it together one section at a time.  My friend does the bulk of it herself, but we all have fun helping out!

This is a very small part of the second section.  The first section is already finished!  We started on New Year's Day - I documented that progress on Picasa.  She has no idea what she will do with the entire thing when it's completed. Right now it's about the journey.  As it should be.

2 comments:

  1. How funny is that! I would go insane! LOL! Must be fun to get that puzzle together. Cool idea for your shot today - I like all the colors and also the missing pieces and negative spaces - neat subject!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW! I didn't realize that they make puzzles so big! I can't wait to see a picture of it when it is finished!

    I have a hard enough time with 100 piece puzzle, I would go crazy with 24,000!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete