Monday

Day 102: April 12, 2010

Table of Pain and Health


This is the treatment table at my Chiropractor.  Essentially, you stand on it, put your face down onto the clean paper, and hold on while the table is tilted to be parallel with the floor.  The Chiropractor then adjusts your body as needed, ice is frequently applied, and off you go.  The treatment isn't particularly painful - at least not for long, but I'm often achy and tired in the hours following an adjustment.  However, the long-term benefits are truly amazing - it really is worth it! 

I snapped this pic quickly while waiting for the Chiropractor to come into the room.  He knew right away that the pain I've had in my chest that my GP thought was pneumonia (and wasn't) was actually a sprained/dislocated rib caused by coughing for the past 5 weeks.  I just can't shake this virus, consequently I was a couple of weeks late for this appointment - boy did I need it!  I know I'll feel so much better tomorrow!

(I've always been a bit afraid to ask what the other table with the padded cuffs is used for. Heh.)

1 comment:

  1. This looks like science fiction! Very interesting object! I bet it makes your spine feel fine!

    ReplyDelete