Sunday

Day 114: April 24, 2010

Images in the Fog


I did not take any pictures Saturday - the day simply got away from me.  Instead I deliberately did two different photo shoots today to make up for it.  The first one resulted in these images (the second resulted in Sunday's post - the one after this).  

This morning I awoke to incredibly dense fog.  I couldn't see much beyond the flag that hangs from my front door.  By 11 am, the fog had lifted somewhat, but still hovered thickly in low places.  I went to see what I could see in a small park in my neighborhood.  At the entrance (at the back of the parking lot behind the Knights of Columbus hall), was this communications tower, surrounded by a square of fencing topped off by barbed wire.  I liked the way the top of the tower seems to disappear into the mist.  This photo is squeaking in under the (barbed?) wire for Monochrome Weekend.

The photo below is of the "sledding hill" in the same park.  I swear this hill was ten times taller 30 years ago!  Kids still drag their sleds here in the winters as it's the only place to go sledding in the neighborhood.  It's harder that I thought to capture the effects of fog.  This is something I want to research more about and try to improve on.


3 comments:

  1. I really like your fog photos! The tower is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your monochrome has a threatening feel, probably to do with the clarity of the barbed wire and the way the fog makes the mast seem even taller than it must be.

    Love the delicacy of the foggy trees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool foggy shots! I do like the way the barb wire is silhouetted in front of the tower in the fog; nice effect, and a neat point of view.

    ReplyDelete