Tuesday

Day 96: April 6, 2010

New Leaves


Everything's blooming and growing with the unseasonably warm weather we've had lately.  Our neighborhood is overrun with ground bees - an especially large colony this year.  Yards are dotted with what look like ant hills at first glance - mounds of sand with holes at the top.  Upon closer inspection, one can see hundreds of small bees swarming around the holes! They are EVERYWHERE in my large yard - prohibiting most outdoor activities there.  I inadvertently captured one of them in this shot! It's pretty blurry so I'm guessing it was in motion when I shot - they seem to be constantly moving, never landing.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, glorious sun!! Love the depth here and the glittery bokeh. I can't believe the growth that has graced us within just one week! I was at Wildwood yesterday, and it was much greener than it was a week ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a Japanese Maple? I don't think I have ever come across ground bees...I will have to google that and check them out! LOL Great photo!

    ReplyDelete