Wednesday

Day 104: April 14, 2010

Functional Art


Popped up to Ann Arbor today for Scrabble night.  It was still light enough out when we were finished for a quick stroll around the block to take some pictures.  This is a bike rack, believe it or not!  They are all over the downtown Ann Arbor area.  I liked the way the setting sun made the shadow on the sidewalk.

I took some shots of the Fairy Doors and architecture in the area as well, but will save those for another day.  I missed the Fairy Door Walk on Easter Sunday but really want to find them all soon and get better pictures!  Although the website has done a good job of it already: Ann Arbor Fairies.

2 comments:

  1. I ♥ the shadows! Between you and Yolanda I'm getting jealous of all these neat things found in ya'lls towns..I wish Redding was more like both! That's an awesome bike rack! Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe we were both up there. I probably left around 4:30ish. Looks like you were a little later. I didn't see your little find when I was there, but it is really cool! Love the shadows you captured in the later evening sun! We should do our own fairy door walk! I had no idea about fairy doors until after I came back and started reading about the urban art in Ann Arbor on line.

    ReplyDelete