Sunday

Day 10 January 10, 2010



Fire in a friend's cast iron wood-burning stove today.  I did not take as much time as I should have to set up this shot - it needed some settings tweaked first but the door of the wood-burner was only open for a moment.  I kind of like the blurriness of the fire - it suggests movement and heat.

I want to get to the point where I can see an opportunity for a great shot like this and know instantly what settings to use to get the best result.  This was SO not the picture I intended to take today but I ended up liking it the best.

2 comments:

  1. I can feel that warmth! Very nice fire shot! It always seems to end up the shots you least suspect, are the ones that are the most compelling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a beautiful shot of the fire! The movement, heat, colors...it's all there!

    ReplyDelete