Saturday

Day 23 January 23, 2010



My morning coffee.  Is it cheating to use one picture for two themes? Well too bad - that's what you're getting today!  I was at school today (a Saturday!) working on computer things for 4.5 hours and this is all I've got.

Actually, the subject was inspired by Digital Photography School's Weekend Challenge for this weekend: "Good Morning".  I am a coffee addict - I simply do not function without it.  I like my coffee, strong, smooth, and with flavored creamer (caramel being my current fave). I even have my very own coffee pot in my classroom, tucked safely away behind my desk.  My students know not to bug me too much if I haven't yet had my first cup of the day.  This is my current favorite mug to use at school, sitting on the podium at the front of my classroom, with the white board behind it.  Coffee is what makes MY mornings good!

In addition, I desaturated the photo in honor of Monochrome Weekend.  While this photo actually does work better in black and white, it's not exactly awe-inspiring.  If the weather cooperates (doubtful) I may try to get to a park tomorrow and aim for a better submission to Monochrome Weekend.  For now, though, this will have to do.

2 comments:

  1. Coffee is the elixir of life in the morning. A magic brew that has the power to transform werewolves into human beings. I can't imagine morning without coffee (or afternoon for that matter).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to agree with awarewriter on this. The day can not start properly without coffee!
    I like your mug.

    ReplyDelete