Thursday

Day 21 January 21, 2010



Today I had the president of the local Rock Hound club come speak to my 6th grade (ages 11-12) Science class.  She brought a lot of her collection (and gave each student 15 samples of different rocks and minerals).  This is a close-up of some crystals that formed within a rock - I cannot remember the name of the rock of course.  It wasn't a traditional, rounded geode, but a similar concept.  Some of the flat surfaces of this sample had been polished - you can see a little of that in this shot.

On a side note, I read somewhere that day 21 is the make-or-break day for Project 365 bloggers.  In other words, most people will give up after 3 weeks.  So tomorrow should make the point that I really am in this for the long haul.  (Nope, no pressure there!)

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Don't give up! My first few weeks were rough, but once I got my momentum, it becomes almost obsessive/compulsive! Enjoy it! Even on the days when you don't shoot - post something anyway along with a thought. It's a nice diary to look back on.

    That is a cool-looking geode! The textures are captured very nicely!

    ReplyDelete