Monday

Day 25 January 25, 2010



Ready for my close-up.  The secretary at school was given an Amaryllis plant for Christmas.  Today it was in full bloom - beautiful red and white flowers on a sturdy green stem - appropriate colors for the 25th of a month (even if there are 11 months 'til next Christmas). 

I was rushing out of school today on my way to a dentist appointment and didn't have a lot of time to set up a great shot.  Florescent lighting is not conducive to good photography.  This flower made me wish more than ever I had a good macro lens.  The less-close-up shot is below, but I wasn't happy with the shadows in that one.


2 comments:

  1. That is really funny that we both chose the same subject.

    Someday I wish to also get a good macro lens. I think it will really help.

    Keep up the great work on your blog. I really like the black and white photo of the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to see a beautiful flower!! It's been rainging for over two weeks here!

    I think it's amazing that you and Steve both have the same flower...what are the chances!!

    ReplyDelete