Saturday

Day 30 January 30, 2010

A Splash of Color


 

I am tired of gray.  I am tired of bone-chilling cold.  I am ready for Spring!  Unfortunately, that's a good six weeks away.  Thankfully, the local grocery store (Kroger) feels the same way I do.  Their floral department was bursting with color today!  Thankfully, I'm learning my lesson and had my camera with me.  The floral department lady thought I was a little strange when I told her I didn't need any help and just wanted to take pictures of the flowers.  I did not care. 

These were quick shots under florescent lighting, but I simply couldn't resist the bold colors.  I did zero editing of color balance on these - just a little lightness and contrast on the yellow flowers and, of course, some cropping.  Here's one more that has a lot of colors!  (If you came here via Monochrome Weekend, please scroll down to yesterday's pic!)




2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the yellow flowers! Very bright and sharp! I need the spring weather too! Great Job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colors! I believe my favorite is the yellow one - love the contrast between the yellow and brown. I always say that the grocery store or the market is the next best place to be when you can't be outdoors. The lighting is usually good, and there are lots of objects and patterns to photograph. Thanks for sharing the color splash!

    ReplyDelete