Tuesday

Day 61: March 2, 2010

All Creatures Great and Small


This little guy was sitting in front of my sock drawer this morning (better than IN my sock drawer, I suppose).  I grabbed my glasses and camera and snapped this shot immediately.  I then got down on the floor to attempt a more eye-to-eye(s) view, and it RAN TOWARD ME!  At that point I decided this shot would do just fine!  It was about 2.5 cm (1 in) long - a different sort of spider than I featured back in January.  No, I didn't kill it - spiders do a good job of eating bugs that actually bother me (like flies and mosquitoes in warmer weather).

It was a much larger (and cuter!) animal that caught my eye on Sunday while at the U of M Law Quad.  Fat squirrels are the norm on a college campus and with the students on Spring Break, these guys were hungry and fairly fearless of people.

 


2 comments:

  1. Ewwwww.... Ugggh... HATE spiders!!!! But nice shot of the bugger. I definitely like the squirrel shots much better as they are much softer and cuter! LOL I can't get close enough to the squirrels in my yard. Back home in Washington the squirrels were part of my daily ritual - I always invited them in the back door for walnuts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck! I'm not fond of spiders but I agree with you they do help keep the flying bugs under control! The squirrel is cute!! We don't have brown squirrels here.

    ReplyDelete