Wednesday

Day 76: March 17, 2010

St. Patrick's Day!


I returned to my classroom after a meeting this morning to find a little pot of shamrocks on my desk! I have no idea who gave them to me, but they are very pretty.  The white of the flowers contrast nicely with the green leaves.

St. Patrick's Day was always celebrated in a big way in my family.  We had a huge Irish flag that got hung out every year, my mom would color all our food green with green food coloring (green milk, anyone?), and my dad would drag out his record albums of the Irish Rovers and the Clancy Brothers.  I think some of his records may even have been 78rpm.  I even took Irish Step Dancing lessons in first grade - long before Lord of the Dance became all the rage.  While not ALL of my ancestors hailed from the Emerald Isle, most on my father's side did, as well as some on my mother's side.

A happy St. Patrick's Day to you wherever you are in the world today!

1 comment:

  1. How sweet that someone left you the shamrocks! Must have been the St. Pat's Day leprechaun :) Nice DoF and love the bokeh - very delicate! Hope you had a nice St. Pat's day!

    Rosies was cool - definitely NOT the Rosies I remember! They changed so much, but food was great, and glad to see they still had hot mama bread LOL!

    ReplyDelete