Friday

Day 85: March 26, 2010

Reflection of Flight
On the way to pick up my daughter from school today, I stopped off at Flower Hospital to see what the birds were up to.  The hospital has several ponds with a large population of ducks, geese, and seagulls.  I'm still recovering from a nasty virus which has taken up residence in my lungs, so being able to get shots like this within a couple of meters of my car was a bonus!

I didn't set out to photograph the seagulls, but this guy flew right in front of me so I raised the camera and pressed the button.  He's a little blurry at full magnification, but I liked the reflections in the water I ended up with.  I'll have to go back another day when I have my tripod and when it's a teensy bit warmer - only 37F today!

This photo is part of the Weekend Reflections community.

9 comments:

  1. That's a very good shot. Love the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful atmosphere of soft light and reflection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shot, love the reflection.
    Sunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. To catch the gull flying is one thing, but to also catch his reflection in the water below ... well, that is indeed a special moment! Wonderful shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's a magnificent capture! A bird in flight is tough enough, but such lovely reflections in the water too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great capture and nice reflection! Lucky you had the camera with you for this great photo op! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, whatever you did, you did it right. Sometimes just pointing and snapping without composing we get the best shots. That reflection is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great catch! Beautiful shot of the bird in flight, and the reflection is so perfectly clear. Wonderful! Kathy

    ReplyDelete