Tuesday

Day 75: March 16, 2010

First Sprouts!


The weather has been VERY mild and spring-like around here.  Still under the weather, but did venture out to my front yard to see if anything had sprouted yet.  I'm renting this house, and some former tenant planted incredible amounts of flowers.  Things bloom all spring and summer long.  

Sure enough, nestled up to the big Oak tree in front of my house were these teeny tiny sprouts!  I think they just emerged from the ground today.  If I recall correctly, these are crocus with purple and white flowers.  There's some moss growing on the trees and in the cracks between paving blocks on the patio as well.  Spring officially arrives at 3:22 pm Saturday, but it sure feels and looks like Spring today!

1 comment:

  1. Oh you missed a great day at the botanical garden today! What a glorious day! I'm glad you got outside for some shots. Everything is blooming, isn't it! Nice textures in your shot! Hope you're doing better!

    ReplyDelete