Monday

Day 67: March 8, 2010

Meet Izzy!


Izzy is a Mountain Lizard I got for my classroom in the fall.  She's normally quite shy and doesn't move around much during the day.  Today, however, I caught her drinking from her water dish, water dripping from her chin (yes, that's algae I need to clean from the bottom of it - it's not that vibrant in RL - honest!).

I took the lid off her tank and stuck the camera INTO the tank to get this shot.  I love the pattern of scales on her front legs!  

She doesn't look very pleased with her photo shoot in the pic below, but despite the illusion of movement, she was frozen in place the entire time.


3 comments:

  1. I like the one with the water dripping. The colors are very similar on the Izzy, but they each have their own characteristics that make them distinctive. The close up shot helps define that. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots!! Love the water coming off her chin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe! What a cute little lizard! She is gorgeous with such wonderful texture and color. I like the DoF you used - makes her appear to be in a natural habitat rather than a tank.

    ReplyDelete