Sunday

Day 73: March 14, 2010

A Pi-Day Concert!


Attended a concert today by the UMBAA (University of Michigan Band Alumni Association) Concert Band.  I'm friends with a few of the folks in the band, and also attended their dress rehearsal earlier today.  This is a shot of the wooden xylophone on stage.  I think it works well in monochrome.  I wish I could have isolated it a bit more to cut down on background distractions in the shot, but it wasn't my instrument to touch!  

As today was Pi Day (i.e. 3/14 or 3.14 using North American conventions for dates), the program for today's concert listed a few "newer" players.  Namely, Sir Cumference, Di Ameter, and Pi R Squared.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I agree, it DOES work well with the sepia tones.

    My Monochrome Weekend is photos of a black n white pencil sketch I just finished. This is my 1st entry for the meme. Come visit if you can find time.

    HERE You'll need to scroll down a bit to view.

    Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool perspective and repeating pattern of the keys (keys?) of the xylophone. Instruments make fun subjects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOvely patterns made by the xylophone. I love the idea of pi-day!

    ReplyDelete