Sunday

Day 122: May 2, 2010

Raindrops on Hosta


Rained again this morning - thanks for the early wake-up calls on weekends, Mother Nature!  But it does make for some cool shots.  Went out in my bare feet and sweats this morning to shoot the raindrops on the Hostas.  Just got a copy of Photoshop Elements 8 to play with so I can learn it well enough to teach it in the fall.  Shot in RAW for the first time and played with a few settings on this picture.  Saved it as a .JPEG though as it didn't seem to want to upload here otherwise.  I have a LOT to learn!  But it will be fun playing and learning!

2 comments:

  1. Nice job! You managed to capture what little sunlight we had this weekend! I LOVE the sunny highlights in this - it makes some nice contrast in the lines, and the water really reflects like little jewels. First time shooting in raw? I wouldn't have guessed! Yes, you must always convert (or export) before uploading to a compatible and compressed format as JPG. Shooting in RAW gives you so much more control over your tonal ranges, exposures, etc. Especially for b/w conversions - you will love it. Huge files though :) Congrats on your 1/3 of the 365 project - saw your highlights on FB. I'm almost halfway. For some reason I had no inspiration this weekend.. I mean, at ALL. Maybe it was the weather or my mood. I should have done a little storm chasing!

    Tomorrow is another day, and I have the whole month to live up to... I best be clickin away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great shot Nice and sharp !

    ReplyDelete