Wednesday

Day 146: May 26, 2010

Colors
 
 
This is the second art piece my daughter had in the art show yesterday.  I tried to shoot it at the show but the lighting was awful.  I didn't take as much time with this shot as I should have, but it's better than what I was getting yesterday.  It's essentially a big Shrinky-dink sheet of plastic, colored, cut strategically, and partially melted in the oven.  The kids then painted a wooden block for a base and glued the sculpture onto it.

I really like the organic shape hers took on and the colors are great.  I did not expect the projection of color onto the wall behind the sculpture - an added bonus of using a flash! Makes me want to play with this more with different lighting.

2 comments:

  1. That is neatly neat! Tell your daughter good work for me.

    You're invited to drop by
    http://levonneandjohnscaliforniaodyssey.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I'd love to see it in person! Love the colors reflected on the wall behind it!!! Tell her she did an amazing job on the two I've seen!

    ReplyDelete