Tuesday

Day 138: May 18, 2010

Orange Barrel Season


They say in Toledo we only have two seasons: Winter and Orange Barrel. And in my end of town at least, we are smack dab in the middle of Orange Barrel season! Thankfully I know a lot of shortcuts through neighborhoods to avoid the worst of the construction zones!  Sometimes, however it simply can't be avoided.

Today was yet another rainy, gray day.  I swear we're turning into Seattle or London!  I had a super-hectic day and didn't think I'd be able to get any sort of creative shot today at all.  Then, while stuck in traffic thanks to the above-mentioned construction, I grabbed my camera and shot the big earth-moving machine that seemed to be slowly sinking into the mud.  The traffic started moving so I only got one shot in before having to roll up my window and put the camera down so I could drive.

I cropped it super-close and started playing with more of the filters PhotoShop Elements has to offer.  I like this one in a funky sort of way (click make it bigger for the full effect).

3 comments:

  1. It's impossible to get around this town with the orange barrels!! I like this shot, your tight crop, and the cool posterized effect! It does epitomize orange barrel season!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the effect you used! I have photoshop elements 7 and I'm still learning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love shooting photos from my car. I keep my camera set on auto on the seat next to me and when I stop especially at lights I quick look around for something to shoot and go for it. I've gotten some of my favorite shots that way and it's always fun to get home and play with the editing of them, besides it's great practice for learning to frame quickly which comes in handy when I do candid shots. You got a great unusual shot there and did a fine job of editing. I enjoyed it and am glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete