Wednesday

Day 132: May 12, 2010

Ohio Farm


I attended a training in Archbold, Ohio today after school, which resulted in a 14 hour day due the hour drive each way.  I wasn't sure I was going to have any time to get a photo, especially as the day was very dreary and overcast, but I saw this farm on the drive home and literally stopped in the middle of State Route 20A to snap this picture through my open window.  There was so little traffic, I didn't see a single vehicle in either direction while I took my picture!  However, I didn't stick around to take more than one quick shot!

This is extreme NW Ohio - farmland as far as the eye can see.  Acre upon acre of corn and soybean fields with farms dotting the flat landscape.  It's flat.  Really flat.  So flat that a farm like the one above sticks out and can be seen for miles in any direction.  I wished I'd had a wide angle lens to capture the utter flatness of the landscape and the scale of the farmland out there.

1 comment:

  1. Nicely exposed and composed. This depicts such the "typical" scene around here in flat farmland - sort of epitomizes Ohio! Nicely done, especially for the dreary weather we had yesterday!

    ReplyDelete