Friday

Day 141: May 21, 2010

Bubble Joy! **


Today was the last day of my Science Elective class, so I whipped up a batch of bubble solution (*the secret ingredient is glycerin) and we had some fun.  Yes, there's "Science Content" in there with surface tension and refraction of light, etc...but mostly the kids had FUN!  They quickly discovered their (wet) hands made the best bubble "wands" and also that if their hands were wet, they could catch bubbles and stick their hands INTO the bubbles!  

Today was another rainy day, so we were stuck under the long covered walkway in front of the school, but thankfully the bubbles' structural integrity wasn't hampered by the weather.  I saved the left over bubble solution and the kids in after-care played with it all afternoon.

** The title of the post is the name of a song that was on a record (yes, an actual vinyl one) I had when I was little - sometime in the mid-70's.  I think it was called Big Blue Marble, but one of the songs was called Bubble Joy - I can't remember all of the words, but the tune has stayed with me.

2 comments:

  1. Very creative shot! Love the bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a guy around here called the bubble man. He did a lot of really cool tricks with bubbles. The kids loved him.

    Great photos.

    I didn't mean to say that the iguana was ugly the other day. I think the colors are beautiful. I just don't think it would be wise to say that my sister was as beautiful as an iguana. :-)

    ReplyDelete