Saturday

Day 148: May 28, 2010

Snow?


No, that's not snow.  It's cottonwood.  Otherwise known as the thing I am most allergic to.  It's an especially heavy year this year for cottonwood around here.  Everyone is sneezing.  It often looks like a snow storm with the cotton blowing around and drifting to the ground.  You can see just how much it piles up in this photo - the grass is barely poking through!  

*Disclaimer - I actually took this photo a few days ago - and am posting it on Saturday the 29th.  The 28th was Field Day at school and between the sun (90F), cottonwood, and kids, I was utterly exhausted and did not take a single photo.

4 comments:

  1. Reminds me of that children's book about the tree by Silverstein.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Giving Tree! You're right! I hadn't thought about that! Now I want to go back to this spot and photograph the stump on purpose instead of merely the backdrop for cottonwood "snow"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the cottonwood - it is a lot like snow. The screens in my house are clogged with white fuzz! Just wait until the Mayflies start invading.. I'll take cottonwood over Mayflies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yuck! I feel your allergy pains! I am also allergic to cottonwood. Ours bloomed about a month ago. ♥ the tree stump!

    ReplyDelete