Sunday

Day 129: May 9, 2010

A Place to Sit


I shot this today while at my mom's place for Mother's Day.  She lives in an apartment building in Ottawa Hills which backs up to "The Meadow" which is essentially a wetland/park area owned by the village.  At some point, someone placed these rustic seats in prime viewing position.  While it looks like a lovely spot to sit and enjoy nature, I think I'd need to bring a cushion or two to sit on!  

I liked the shot better in black and white - the benches and the absence of anything "modern" in the frame give it almost a timeless feel (yay for cropping!).  So then I started to play around with PhotoShop and some different effects and created the shot below just for fun.


1 comment:

  1. Makes me want to sit there with a nice tall glass of lemonade! I love these chairs! Such interesting design/shape! I really like the 2nd shot treatment!

    ReplyDelete