Friday

Day 127: May 7, 2010

Monochrome Storm Clouds


This is my contribution to Monochrome Weekend.  I took this a couple of days ago, but it could be from almost any day this week.  We have had storms roll through more days than not lately.  Yesterday being an exception which is how the lawn got mowed.  

My daughter says I take too many pictures of clouds, but I've been captivated by the contrast between dark and light and the depth of the clouds in our skies lately.

I did take photos today but they were all of students!  Today was May Crowning at school and my daughter's class (the 8th graders) performed the ceremony and read all the parts.  My daughter was MC and did a nice job.  It's always a bittersweet day seeing the 8th graders all dressed up (uniforms are the norm) and suddenly looking quite old and ready for high school.  Her class has been together since kindergarten - 9 years seems to have passed in a blink of an eye!  So you get clouds instead!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice work. Nice tone, light and shadow are working so well and ou get the sense of movement and and energy in the cloud. Don't listen to your daughter - you can't have enough cloud shots :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel I could touch those clouds - fine texture and light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you rotated the photo once to the right, I would have thought it was a tornado!


    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete