Wednesday

Day 139: May 19, 2010

Strawberry Fields Baskets Forever


I always buy a couple of hanging baskets of flowers around Mother's Day.  This year, I was out scouting the sales and found a great sale! And then, on the sale rack, I found....ever-bearing strawberries!  In baskets!  Woo!  I was so excited I didn't look at a single basket of flowers after I saw them.  I'm hoping against hope the birds and squirrels don't eat the fruit before I can get to it. They are supposed to bear fruit all season long so I may have a fighting chance.There are already some white and pinkish berries on the vines and quite a few new pink flowers!   So pretty!  I can't wait to eat strawberry-everything!

1 comment:

  1. That is a great shot! Very crisp! Love it! My roommate just brought home 10lbs of strawberries! I'm trying to figure out whatelse to make besides strawberry shortcake!

    ReplyDelete